New to Mantids starting next week

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebz13

Reaction score
Hello!  Grew up in CA, lived in Wisconsin for ten years now live in Texas.  Hobbies include an aquarist, artist, cook, and now mantids.  Any recommendations for my nymphs and one adult coming next week would be appreciated!  I am getting some hissers and ff for feeding.  I found out carrots are bad for them (vitamin A or carotene?).  I bought a net cage for the adult.  Would love some ideas to decorate cages and habitats.  

Last edited by a moderator:
 Welcome to the forum! What species of mantis are you getting? Each species has special requirements, so we can't help you with much until we know what species you have!

- MantisGirl13

welcome :)

LOL,  I have 2 hissers as pets. I won't feed them.🤣 My mantids have to do it with Dubias and grasshoppers

I have many fish, amphibians, inverts, and some insects. I am trying to start a colony of Dubias too. Welcome to the group. I belong to the Madison aquarium group in Wisconsin. My brother lives in Texas near Houston.

Latest posts