New to the mantis, looking to learn more.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccadd131

Reaction score
Hello, there! My name's Katie, and I'm 16 years old. Most of my life, I've been rodent fanatic. However, my two lovely rats are not allowed to stay with me in my dorm. In search for a pet that I can keep at school with me, I came across the mantis and was immediately intruiged. I've been researching and prepping to have one throughout the summer, and now I've decided to come here to ask for some advice for a beginner. I'm thinking of either getting a Ghost or Wide Armed mantis. I'm quite open to advice, suggestions and feedback!

Ghost!

so fun to show off and hold...and will do well at room temp...just mist them and give good ventilation...feed too lol

Ghosts are nice mantids, but you might want to check out a larger species too. Hierodula sps are easy to care for, and are a lot more entertaining.

Welcome. A mantis is a neat choice, but will they allow you to keep feeder insects such as flies?

Welcome. A mantis is a neat choice, but will they allow you to keep feeder insects such as flies?
If you only have a couple mantids you can catch food. I have a little over 23 and the only feeder i have is melanogasters for my L1 ghost :)

Latest posts