New to this -- hiya!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mithryanna

Reaction score
Hello, everybody. :) I'm not actually raising any mantids yet. Still talking to and learning from a friend of mine, but wanted to join the community and say hello!

Any recommendations for good starter topics for someone who is still prepping but may inherit a few little budwings soon?

Welcome to the forum. Budwings are a great species to start with. I have enjoyed them for about 6 months now. Very easy to take care of. I have some nymphs that have been molting like crazy. Some are already L-4 and they just hatched about a month ago. That's like a molt per week...crazy. Good luck.

welcome.... have best loved ghosts, but still loving the hunting nature of my creos.

And Sp. Lineola are so agressive & easy care.

I also adored my violin but maybe was not keeping it hot enough...want more to hone my husbandtry.

Taking them out and interacting is the best part so larger species are good for this....my glass mantis was so small it was work. My sp. lineola would stay hours on end in the same spot and accept crickets and jus chill...very fun.

I am still new to this...just coming up on a year now.

But these guys and gal on the forum will guide and help so just stay plugged in