New to this!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy spencer

Reaction score
Hello! I’m quite new to all of this, I currently have an orchid mantis, and a dead leaf (both of which have not yet got to adult stage) I’ll attached some pictures of the both of them :)  

i joined because I also had a giant African which had a bad shed (legs all bent out of shape), I wanted to get a bit more info of the best way to keep it going until the next moult. It was doing well and was happy to eat flies/locusts from me, and I was stocking it up with honey! Sadly it died yesterday, it’s joints on it’s front arms started to turn black and within the space of 2 days it had gone (any info as to why this happened would be greatly appreciated, I suspect humidity?)

looking forward to learning lots on these lovely bugs! And hopefully one day I’ll get my top wish list which is a ghost

Amy

1DC8B0C9-615A-462F-8E3A-8CCE71408C57.jpeg

20FFDC98-F30B-4A03-9F9D-AFE90A2FD857.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! You have beautiful mantids and I'm sure you will be able to get a ghost soon if you stick around here!

- MantisGirl13

Welcome @Amy spencer! Nice photos!

Ive had a mismolt whose raptorial tibias turned dark. One even fell off.

I believe that when they mosmolt, joints get misshapen and can pinch off the tissues beyond that point. That is quite possible. Regardless, sorry for your loss.

Lots of mantises available in here. You can try posting in the mantis for sale / wanted section of the forum. ISO or WTB (in search of, want to buy).

Good luck, and glad you've joined us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts