North Carolina n00b

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viridari

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I came home from the local exotic pet show today with my first mantid, a ghost mantis nymph sold by LLL Reptile at the show. I'd been keeping my eyes open for one for the last couple of years and this is the first time I've seen one at the local show, so I grabbed it.

My house is a zoo, and we've got all sorts of creatures here, but this is probably my first insect pet. I'm liking this guy very much and hoping my first go at this is a success.

Welcome from CT!! My room is so full of animals peeps think I'm an animal hoarder lol

But I'm not an animal hoarder, all my things r very well cared for and hoarders have more than they can handle

Not me :D

Hahaha yes exactly! I see those animal hoarder shows and they talk like having 20 or 30 pets is too much to handle. My animals are very well cared for. Heck even the dog gets bathed like 3x a week! (otherwise I'd never let him up on the sofa or the bed!)

I captured some little moths & flies near the front door lamp tonight. "Bishop" wasted no time in devouring them. I tried putting in a cricket that was half his size, and it didn't even hit the ground when I was dropping it in. He's been working on eating that for the last few minutes.

Welcome from Minnesota. I've been buying frog and turtle supplies, heat packs and critter cages from lllreptile for a few years. I had no idea they sold mantids.

Good luck with your Ghost!

Tammy

Welcome. Where was the show? I am also in NC.

Latest posts