Now then from Yorkshire, UK

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone - off now to pick up an oothca from the post office. This will be my first experience with mantids and will no doubt be asking a few questions. I'm a beekeeper and former schoolboy invert fanatic. I've just been commissioned to write a book on insect art & illustration. Which has given me a fantastic excuse to buy some insects. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of my drawings here on the forum. I want to do a series of drawings from oothca to adult.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Sounds fantastic! I love writing, insects, and art! Welcome to the community! What kind of ooth did you get?

Thanks for the welcome - my ooth is a Chinese presumed: Tenodera sinensis

Have just glued it to the side of its hatching jar. Fingers crossed.

Andrew

Welcome. I started keeping bees this spring.

Thanks for the welcome - my ooth is a Chinese presumed: Tenodera sinensis Have just glued it to the side of its hatching jar. Fingers crossed. Andrew
Ah Tenodera Sinensis, one of my favorite mantids. From what Ive read they arent the easiest to care for when young but once they go through a few molts they are a joy to have!