Nymphs have arrived!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

Reaction score
I bought 4 egg cases from a local nursery here in Austin, Texas. The first one hatched today, and I made a frantic trip to Zookeeper, where I was sold a bag with 100 pinhead crickets. I haven't noticed anybody eating yet.

By the way, my name is Larry, and I'm new here. Raised mantinds as a kid, now I'm an old-timer and wanting them in my life again. If you have any advice, or ideas, or stuff to sell, contact me!

[email protected]

Hi Larry, and welcome to the forum. :) I'm glad you've re-connected with mantises, and I hope they bring you much enjoyment! You'll find lots of helpful information and people on the forum. ;) The best to you...

:lol: Welcome to the forum, from OHIO!

If u can get some fruit flies they will eat them. The pinhead may be to big for them, but the chinese will come around, the religiosa are a bit smaller mantis and may be afraid, but some will go for them. the biggest thing is they are just hatched and need really warm distilled if u can get it or set water out to let any clorine escape and mist them a couple times a day with a fine mist so they can drink. In a day or two they will then be ready to eat, they are not ready the first full day and a half at least.

Latest posts