Odd growth on the back of my Ghost Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sage_christian

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

After getting home and checking out my mantis, I noticed that he had an odd, tan growth on his shield. It almost looks like a pit of some sort. Any idea what it could be? He last meal was a couple crickets from the local pet store, about a day ago. He molted last week.

He seems to be a bit off, the more I think about it. Just more sluggish than normal, but still attentive. He watches me walk around the room still.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated!

Sage

IMG_1285.JPG

Give him some honey and maybe he'll perk up (give water afterwards)...also I had an adult male that was attacked while mating develop a sort of mold/fungus in his wound on his prothorax...I immediately dabbed some rubbing alchohol on it with que-tip...the wound however already scabbed over and was not "open" ....the mold/fungud cleared up immediately and has been at bay since. Try to figure out if it is an injury or what. ....don't attempt my method until you know more about the wound...also, try gently rubbing it off with a soaked que-tip with water until then...

I agree with Andrew. This is only if you can see that it is raised above the exo level. You can use Peroxide instead if you want. Make sure you have great dexterity to do this.

Latest posts