Okay now what?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarrant

Reaction score
I woke up to this.

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

my question is now what do I do? Haha. I caught this girl a week or two ago outside and knew she was kind of big.

Whats a good care for the babies while they are in there and what should i put them in? if anyone has a good care sheet instead that would be awesome too. thanks

I woke up to this.
DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

my question is now what do I do? Haha. I caught this girl a week or two ago outside and knew she was kind of big.

Whats a good care for the babies while they are in there and what should i put them in? if anyone has a good care sheet instead that would be awesome too. thanks
Get the ooth off the cage top with a razer blade (don't cut to close). Then you put in in a small box with papertowels to cover it (top and bottom like a cushion). Then put it in the refridgerator and leave it. My best advice is to keep it in the refridgerator until may or june or whenever it gets warm to about 60 degrees. Then put them is a fine mesh cage and let it hatch. Then release the babies into your bushes and everwhere with things it can eat.

You can place it in a suitable container for hatching by using hot glue to attach it to the bottom of the lid. You do not need to put these in the fridge. It should hatch in 4-6 weeks if kept inside. If you want it to hatch outside in the spring then put it outside.

You can place it in a suitable container for hatching by using hot glue to attach it to the bottom of the lid. You do not need to put these in the fridge. It should hatch in 4-6 weeks if kept inside. If you want it to hatch outside in the spring then put it outside.
i dont have a hot glue gun. what else will work to attach it?

i dont have a hot glue gun. what else will work to attach it?
Safety pin will work. DO NOT use tape. The nymphs will get stuck in it ;) Just stick the pin through a bit of the foam on the edge. Or you can use needle and thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Safety pin will work. DO NOT use tape. The nymphs will get stuck in it ;) Just stick the pin through a bit of the foam on the edge. Or you can use needle and thread.
only the stupid ones and we dont want them to breed do we .... :eek: :blink: :lol: :lol:

ha ha well don't ask how I know they will stick to it.
thanks guys. i found a hot glue gun and i got it all set up in a deli cup that one of my tarantulas came in. i put some spagnum moss on the bottom and its around 75-76F. sound good?

Sounds good to me too. Spray them really good with warm water every other day. They don't need light to hatch so you can put them anywhere that is warn. Have fun! We know you will :p

Latest posts