OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheus uk

Reaction score
I cant believe it, even though i thought my ghosts was my biggest failure ever, there hatching!!!!!

Yes a male and female mated but hte male was at most a week old and got munched the very next day, how many am i expected to hatch? are they drib and drab hatchers?

1774137050_d0aeac2bdc.jpg

1773385527_3edc38d223_b.jpg

Just burst his bubble :lol

1773385529_9a1aca64bf_b.jpg

Thier horns amazing!

1773385475_ec62804e1c_b.jpg

little stretch

1773385495_77b2866877_b.jpg

Free!

Nice pics. Always nice to catch them in the act of hatching for some pics.

Well with all the odds pointing to infertile i left it on the side, it was my sister that pointed out there where "little stickie things" proding out :blink:

Seeing as i didnt have any fruit flies hanging around, how long can they go with out food?

My god 43 people arent interested, anyway heres a photo after they hardened up

1774556350_cb24645802.jpg

Seeing as i didnt have any fruit flies hanging around, how long can they go with out food?
Not sure, but if hungry enough, will chow on each other (Which I'm sure, you don't really want, but at least all of them won't die...). How long will it take for the ff to arrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the fruitflies yesterday and told it`ll take 2-5 days, is that too long?

GHost hatchling is hardy, they won't be eating for the first two days anyway, just give them a mist a day. Hopefully your fruit flies supply will be there before the fifth day. Good luck.

Thx all, ive yet to succseffuly rear hatchlings to more established nymph, usally hatch while im away and havent got food <_<

Good Luck! I'm sure the turnout will be favorable, ghost mantis are some of the more communal species, right?

Luckily there is a local pet shop here that keeps FF cultures and pinhead crickets for me -_- Try calling around maybe?

Go to a local park near dusk with a net and jar or something. There are TONNES of midges etc. everyday/night and especially near water, they are small and fine enough for nymphs of almost any mantid to eat.

Or you can go find those maple trees etc. the ones that look like the ones on the canadian flag... go under those and whack a branch, you'll get loads of small greenfly from those too.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

A euchomonella ooth hatched last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats two in the space of a week! i cant believe it!

There loads of nymphs i can beilive theu all fitted in there, it was literally spitting out nymph like a stream, couldnt get decent pcs but i`ll upload what i done

Oh and thx guys :lol:

The lighting wasnt good and i was at an awkerd position :rolleyes:

Latest posts