Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tikiman

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy some ooths from some members here but I live in Hong Kong. Will the ooth survive the journey?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

as far as i know, ooths will just overwinter if it gets too cold, and if its warm enough they'll hatch. I think they should do fine :)

as far as i know, ooths will just overwinter if it gets too cold, and if its warm enough they'll hatch. I think they should do fine
No. Some species that are from the temperate regions require the oothecae to overwinter (diapause) before they hatch. However, a lot of species require no diapause in order to hatch. In fact, some will never hatch if exposed to conditions such as cold temperatures, dry weather, etc.

A lot of breeders on this forum are really good about packaging their oothecae, but there is no guarantee that they will survive. I suggest you check out the breeders in the Breeder Feedback section. Another good thing to inquire prior to your purchase is if they have ever shipped overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts