P. paradoxa and others

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neps

Reaction score
A rainy day today, so time to get out the camera!

P. paradoxa:

Pparadoxa1.jpg

Pparadoxa3.jpg

R. basalis:

RbasalisRear.jpg

P. wahlburgii nymph, L3 (these little guys don't hold still very well!):

PwahlburgiiNymphL3.jpg

Special guest star carnivorous plant, and the setting for the images, Nepenthes ampullaria: :)

Nampullaria.jpg

Hey great pics ima camera nut what type did you use for those pics LOL and that ghost the brown one send it here LOL

Beautiful mantids, Jeff!
biggrin.gif
But I think the plant is a little ugly, lol.
blush.gif
And I'm really sorry to say that, since I know how much you adore your carnivorous plants... especially the rare ones.
wink.gif
I guess I'm just not much into them.
rolleyes.gif

Great shots Jeff! Are you keeping all the mantids "free range" in that 10 x10 basement Nep setup with the moving light rack or are they all in small vivariums?

N. ampullaria "harlequin" is the first Nep I've gotten since getting back into them. My second now is N. bellii. I'm trying to stick with the smaller species this time round, I just hate selling off my behemoths once they get a mere 4 - 6 ft in diameter... :D

Thanks all, for the kind words! I've been busy the past few days, so have not had much time to write....

Hey great pics ima camera nut what type did you use for those pics...
Thanks, Chris! I used a Canon Rebel Xsi with 50 mm macro lens and ring flash.

Beautiful mantids, Jeff! But I think the plant is a little ugly, lol. And I'm really sorry to say that, since I know how much you adore your carnivorous plants... especially the rare ones.Posted Image I guess I'm just not much into them.
Thanks, Becky! Ah, to each his/her own, I guess!

Great shots Jeff! Are you keeping all the mantids "free range" in that 10 x10 basement Nep setup with the moving light rack or are they all in small vivariums?
Thanks, Swords! You are quite right! They are in the enclosure, but not "free range". I don't think I'd be able to find them among the plants, and to be honest, I think that there is a real chance that the plants would eat a lot of the mantids. :angry: I can't have that!

Aw, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Indeed! Thanks, Rebecca!