Peter J F

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSimsswiSS

Reaction score
Received 4 ghosts ooths today. Nicely packed and shipped well. I have no doubt that this spring I'll have many nymphs hanging around. Thanks Peter!

Got two ghost ooths from Peter. These are my first ooths, so I don't know much yet, but they look awesome to me.

First oothe hatched already, 45 (!!!!!) nymphs in total.

I couldn't believe that there were that many, as my understanding is that the average hatch for a ghost oothe is about half of that.

Needless to say, I'm very happy (if overwhelmed by so many nymphs!).

I recieved some very promising, nicely packed ghost ooths from Peter. I can not wait until they hatch

Thanks man!

I received some Ghost ooths from Peter, which were nicely packed and have been incubating faithfully. I think that they are all of the "blank" variety. The lesson I learned is a bargain is not a bargain, if you get the wrapping but no present. No bad feelings. Just a rooie mistake. Plea- to all other members- please don't sell ooths unless you state the obvious when they might be infertile. If they might be, they probably are, especially with "Ghosts" and some other species that are know to lay infertile oothecae. Im tis case, my hope that they might be a real bargain was not to be met. I hold no grudge and will buy from Peter again, should the situation arise where there is certainty.

I think that Peter's a great guy, but...my Ghosts ooths didn't hatch either. Neither did the European (Religiosa) ooths that I got from him last year. No biggie on the Europeans, they were freebies anyway, but I'm a bit disappointed that 4/4 Ghost ooths didn't yield a single nymph!

I'm not sure if there was a fertility issue with these ooths...I don't remember him saying anything about them being "possibly infertile", though, he may have, or if it was because they were shipped back when we had the big blizzard and were snowed in for a week (and the PO would NOT deliver out here at that time!) When they arrived, the heat back was totally cold, as well as the box...so that could be the explanation for the ooths not hatching. Still, I feel like I wasted my money there. Had I been able to get online at the time & let him know NOT TO SHIP because we weren't going to get our mail, I would have. But...certainly the "blizzard of the century" made national news, right? :unsure:

Anywho, no hard feelings, Peter! Just a load of disappointment. :( Hopefully next time will be better!

Thanks for trying, though! :)

Forgot to post this at the time, but a few weeks ago my second ooth hatched. 30 or so nymphs, all seem very hardy and healthy.

I bought 4 ghost ooths from Peter a couple of months ago. All 4 hatched, within 1-2 weeks of each other. I'm very happy with my purchase from Peter, now I have a ton of little ghostie's!

Latest posts