Photo help? (Stagomantis californica)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graphdesino

Reaction score
Hi all! Longtime mantid person, first-time poster.

Stagomantis californica is native to my hometown and I used to breed and care for them as a kid. I kept one female for the better part of a year, and my memories of her really stuck with me! I recently decided to get a californica tattoo in tribute. But unfortunately, I didn’t take any pics of her when she was alive, I no longer live in a californica-friendly climate, and I’m having a hard time finding reference photos of that specific species. I also forgot to consider the rest of the image I want tattooed – what the mantis is standing on, etc.

I was wondering if (a) anyone had any nice shots of a californica adult female, specifically photos illustrating things like body markings and wing patterns, or (b if anyone could suggest what kind of foliage, etc. you’d expect to find a californica hanging out on in the wild. Most of the tattoo is done already, but I want to make sure those little details are as correct as possible. (I can post pictures if anyone's curious, haha.)

Thanks so much! Hoping to save up and actually start properly breeding sometime soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts