Phyllocrania paradoxa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConnorH

Reaction score
Hello, 

i have a male and female of the ghost mantis except my female has been an adult for a few months and already laid an ooth about 2 weeks ago, my male however just moulted last night and I was wondering if anyone had any advise on whether I should attempt breeding them and how long I should wait for the male to mature before trying and also any tips on how to get the male and female to moult at similar times? 

Kindest regards 

Connor 

Females will lay ooths for 3-4 months. The males however only live 6-8 weeks after their adult Molt so you should pair them 2-3 weeks after the male achieves adulthood.

Make sure the female is well fed and put them together in a net Cube or large enclosure try to put the male behind the female and blow on the female to make her move that should initiate the males interest. The rest will take care of itself!. Once they separate take the male out and separate him once again.

Females will lay ooths for 3-4 months. The males however only live 6-8 weeks after their adult Molt so you should pair them 2-3 weeks after the male achieves adulthood.
Question on this- If the female successfully pairs in the first month, will her ooths several months later be fertile, or do they need recent pairings to continue to produce fertile ooths?

Last edited by a moderator:
Females can have future ooths that bare young, but the numbers will dwindle. Re-mating is suggested for higher nymph yields.

Latest posts