Pnigomantis medioconstricta

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giosan

Reaction score
Some pictures of our Pnigomantis Medioconstricta.

Enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Yeah, very nice photos, striking :) i really like the face of these mantids. Hope you dont mind but i took a few shots of some of Rob byatt's, here:

Pnigomantismedioconstricta.jpg

Pmedioconstrictalll.jpg

Also note the Humerus, very similar to Cilnia humeralis i think..

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, likewise, good to meet other people who keep them also, is it just me or do they take bloody ages to grow?!

Glad to see they are doing well, though they should be adult by now :p

These really are very large mantids, they almost rival Hierodula membranacea. I've yet to see an adult that is green - the only nymph I had that was green escaped at subadult :angry:

Glad to see they are doing well, though they should be adult by now :p These really are very large mantids, they almost rival Hierodula membranacea. I've yet to see an adult that is green - the only nymph I had that was green escaped at subadult :angry:
Yeah I'm really curious to see them as adult! Would be nice to have a green one but chances are very slim. Didn't even have a green nymph :p

Hope the moult to sub and adult are bigger leaps then that the nymphal ones, several times now it seems the moults bigger than the mantis XD

I cant wait to get an adult though, really want to see thier coloration, kinda like R.fusca

BTW Rob i have at least 2 pairs but they have gone all over the place age wise so i may need to do some swaps maybe if i cant get them closer in age to each other :unsure:

Looks like a cross between african mantis, wide arm, and shield. Do want.

:lol: I've turned these down from Rob on so many occasions, cant think why now!!! edit: space...

The more i see of them the better looking they get. They are as Rob says " a bigger mantid" at around the 100mm mark and i reckon they are right brawlers? have to have this confirmed though as i've never kept them :huh:

Pmedioconstricta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My females have taken what ever ive given them at the moment, when breeding time comes i`ll try an adult locust, the males can be skittish, i`ll add my pics later, see if we can turn this into a double shield appreciation thread :lol:

Good idea Morpheus :D

and yes they are agressive. It's fun to see them shake extremely (more than others) when grabbing prey. I find them pretty fast as well. they can really run up your arm.