Polyspilota aeruginosa adult female, trained cosmetologist.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LemonV

Reaction score
Fifi, my Madagascan marbled mantis, putting the finishing touches on my beautifully sculpted coif.

Just wanted to let everyone know both my mantises are alive and well and I even have a new wild caught adult male chinese mantis I got a few weeks ago (he needs a bigger enclosure but he has eaten and I try not to over stress him). Fifi laid her second ootheca yesterday morning, and I fed her after giving her sever hours to rest up. If she makes it to late November or December I will feel like I was a good mommy

I feel bad sometimes because I play with my mantises all the time, but they don't seem to mind. They never display unusual or threatened behavior and very seldom attack me, usually only if there is food nearby or if I wake them up and surprise them. They're strong, but usually a spritz of water gets them to let go. I don't think I hurt them by spraying them, right?

615577_3128382445922_961763588_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure she's just eating the bugs out of your hair. :clown:

For most species it's not a problem to handle them all the time. They generally like the activity. They seem to come to life. I feel bad if I don't handle all of mine every now and then. I also like to let adults loose on my ficus tree and at the window every so often. The males especially like to flex their wings, which they almost never do in an enclosure.