Popa spurca crassa mating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisherman_Brazil

Reaction score
Popa spurca crassa mating

P1010242.jpg

P1010243.jpg

P1010244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. How many mantids do you have. Hope she lays a couple of ooths :)
Total of 4 females, all mated. The photo shows the last female mated this morning, while the first one ooth had been produced. The ooth will hatch out in good number, closed to 100 nymphs! The mating takes a little waiting though, somehow, safe to let them together alone.

Thanks Nola,

Thanks Becky, and

special thanks also to my polish friend for their generosity offering me this opportunity

Hi

The famales lay about 7-8 ooths each- Each Ooths contains 90-140 larvae in general.

Popa always lays their ooths on the ground of the container, the larvae can hatch out on the bottom.

This is a very easy, but very very beautiful species.

Congrats and good luck,

tier

HiThe famales lay about 7-8 ooths each- Each Ooths contains 90-140 larvae in general.

Popa always lays their ooths on the ground of the container, the larvae can hatch out on the bottom.

This is a very easy, but very very beautiful species.

Congrats and good luck,

tier
Thanks Tier,

That is great information you got there. Curiously enough, the first ooth was laid on the lip. Did I do something wrong with that?

Luke

Hi

That is no problem. I always cut off the ooths on the ground and hang them up, to incubate them, like all other species' ooths. That's fine.

But in general most females of the species Popa spurca crassa like to build the ooths on the botton, sometimes the ooth are buryed in the sand!

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
HiThat is no problem. I always cut off the ooths on the ground and hang them up, to incubate them, like all other species' ooths. That's fine.

But in general most females of the species Popa spurca crassa like to build the ooths on the botton, sometimes the ooth are buryed in the sand!

regards
And the ooths are still able to hatch? What a hardy species!

Latest posts