Practicing mantis shot!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostYeahX

Reaction score
trying to take some awesome mantis photo, but my skill sucks :(

gallery_6784_421_665078.jpg

gallery_6784_421_534352.jpg

Edit: i decide to use different image posting method -.-

gallery_6784_421_1130011.jpg

gallery_6784_421_3513991.jpg
gallery_6784_421_1943589.jpg

_MG_0792 as Smart Object-1.jpg

_MG_0805 as Smart Object-1-Recovered.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
zzz have trouble uploading...

i could have taken some nice shot last year since I had so many flower mantis ( orchid, devil, pary etc)

wish i could get some this year

Those look great! What kind of camera are you using and what are you doing for lighting? Too bad you didn't get started a month earlier. I could have used one of your images for the annual calendar!

I hope you can get an Orchid mantis again. They make great subjects (as nymphs) and Idolos do if you can get them to do a threat pose.

Those look great! What kind of camera are you using and what are you doing for lighting? Too bad you didn't get started a month earlier. I could have used one of your images for the annual calendar!

I hope you can get an Orchid mantis again. They make great subjects (as nymphs) and Idolos do if you can get them to do a threat pose.
Thanks Tammy, My camera is canon 60D, lens is 100mm macro. lighting is DIY twin light :)

yes hope i can get orchid. not sure who has available

He could make his own calender! I would buy one and the Mantidforum calender too, then I would have more beautiful pictures for my walls!

Latest posts