Proper Ventilation

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

admin

Grumpkin34

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:18 pm Post subject: Proper Ventilation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering what people use to keep there mantis enclosures well ventilated besides just a mesh or screen top.

silver_arctic1

Site Admin

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people will go through the effort of installing a fan to ventilate their containers...but that's a little bit excessive. If you have a ceiling fan in your room or wherever the mantids are kept, turning it on is sufficient.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:13 pm Post subject:

meh.. i used the simple and easiest way.. poke holes through, its easy enough but depends what kind of container you have.

oh and be carefull if you are using a light (thin) plastic container you may create breaks while poking the holes so be carefull!

Rick

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:29 pm Post subject:

Well a screen top is all the ventilation you need.

It's extremely important. Mantids, and any other living (or non-living) things are more susceptible to fungal infection when ventilation is poor and humidity is high. A clean enclosure is just as important. Try wearing the same damp bathing suit for a week and let us know when you get a rash! :wink:

Also, some species are more prone to fungal infection than others. Wahlbergiis seem to be one example.

I just use screen lids which work fine.

Latest posts