Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergi General Qs.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackers

Reaction score
Recently bought a baby P. Wahlbergi, Ive had her for nearly 2 weeks and she is healthy (amazing apetite) she has eaten if not every day but every 2 but funnily enough i have not seen her drink. she is acting normally as far as i can tell and is very active when hunting and when being held so i was just wondering if she must be drinking during the night whilst im asleep. I have a large cotton wool bud which i kept constantly wet and i spray her every 2 days or so, does this all sound normal and at a young age how often should she moult and are there ideal conditions for her to do so. I had a large female Giant indian mantis about a year ago who sadly died by falling mid moult and getting tangled up in her moult so im being extra protective over this one :)

cheers, any help would be greatly appreciated. Charlie.

mantids get their moist from eating insects too. She will drink when she he thirsty! Be careful with wahlbergii's though, they don't like high humidity that much as they can get a fungal infection easily. A bit drier won't hurt.

Mantids generally get enough moisture from their prey, which is probably why you have not seen her drink.

Don't know what you are keeping her in but P. wahlbergii quite high ventilation as they seem to be prone to fungal infections if kept in poorly ventilated containers, as well as fairly humid conditions,

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to make an introduction in the introductions forum!

High humidity is necessary for that species when tiny, it's primarily just a problem for adult females.

Latest posts