Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first time posting and I have a few questions about the little guys I just purchased. I just bought 4 L1 Spiny flower Mantids. I noticed in may pic.s that they are different colored.

Questions:

Does there background environment influnce their color? If I surround a nymph with pink flowers will it try and "blend" in?

Are these able to be handled?

I was recommended by the mantis breeder which I bought these from to give them flies. I was pointed to a website where they sell flightless ones. Will this work for small nymphs?

I appreciate all your time.

Hello! This is my first time posting and I have a few questions about the little guys I just purchased. I just bought 4 L1 Spiny flower Mantids. I noticed in may pic.s that they are different colored.Questions:

Does there background environment influnce their color? If I surround a nymph with pink flowers will it try and "blend" in?

Are these able to be handled?

I was recommended by the mantis breeder which I bought these from to give them flies. I was pointed to a website where they sell flightless ones. Will this work for small nymphs?

I appreciate all your time.
1stley u shouldn't buy L1 nymphs..your end up with alot that miss molt on this 1st shed..so good luck with that.

Theres a few mantids that can change there colour to match there surrounding..wahlbergie isnt one of them so no it cant.

yes flightless or wingless fruit flys are great for them up to L5/L6..then u ned to be feeding them flys..hatch your own by getting maggot's or buying casters from mantis place.where are u housing them?im breeding these..there so cool..

2137978609_be64ef5fd7.jpg

Latest posts