Pseudoharpax Virescens

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikhailsDinos

Reaction score
I got some ootheca from Yen, Thank you Yen!. One of the ootheca hatch out. They are very cute. I'm hoping to get a better camera as soon as I have the money for one.

Enjoy!

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

Thanks again

Mikhail

I got some ootheca from Yen, Thank you Yen!. One of the ootheca hatch out. They are very cute. I'm hoping to get a better camera as soon as I have the money for one.Enjoy!

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

Thanks again

Mikhail
OOohhh... Very cute.

(Sorry for not replying to your reply. I was kind of busy. <_< )

A happy surprise indeed! I'm enjoying them a lot. I will be adding them to my website soon. Thanks again my friend!

Oh wow, hatched already?!?! lucky it didn't hatch during shipment.Congrate! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They are so tiny, But a lot comes out of those tiny things. ;) They are extremely cute. Even people that dont like bugs, said they are cute.
That's amazing. I really want some these guys now.

:lol: I have a lot of friends that are so scared of bugs, but love my mantids. It's kinda funny, cuase some of them will hold the mantids.

Yep, When you say roach people freakout. But, When you say pray mantis they go "( Aww I LOVE pray mantis)"

I'm like :blink: ha ha. I know a lot of girls that ask me if I have any orchid mantis for sale & the guys ask if they can get the biggest mantis.

I'm getting the people close to me addicted to mantis, ( I say here have a free mantis). It works every time ;)

That's amazing. I really want some these guys now. :lol: I have a lot of friends that are so scared of bugs, but love my mantids. It's kinda funny, cuase some of them will hold the mantids.

Yep, When you say roach people freakout. But, When you say pray mantis they go "( Aww I LOVE pray mantis)"I'm like :blink: ha ha. I know a lot of girls that ask me if I have any orchid mantis for sale & the guys ask if they can get the biggest mantis.

I'm getting the people close to me addicted to mantis, ( I say here have a free mantis). It works every time ;)
I want a roach. :p

I know, it's funny, my close friends do that all the time. Some of them want mantids and some just like to look at them. I'm pretty much on a quest to inform people (the whiny little girls in my school who would much rather squash a bug then give it a chance to live and don't even know what a mantis is) the truths of mantids and the rest of thier buggy cousins.

I like the orchid mantises, but the ghost and unicorns have stolen my heart. I like the mantises that don't take up to much space. Those totally rock when all your animals live in your room. >.>

:lol: I promised couple frineds a mantis when I get everything started up, I've only had mine for two months. *owns 13*

Hey, this is a strange request but can you take a picture of the ootheca after the hatching, and a picture of an unhatched one up close? I'm trying to determine if some ooths I have are hatched or not.

Preferably, can you show me a picture of the ooth that's glued on its flat side to the glass so the comparison is closest to my ooth (which are all flat-ended).

I've got plenty of the roaches. ;)

I agree, Most of the time my friends just don't care. It's hard to find a true bug lover in person. I've only found one guy, That I work with & he breeds moths. So we trade at work moths & mantis. :rolleyes: My managers don't know what to say. Their excuse is that I'm from Africa & grew up with the tribal people...

Orchids are a lot of fun! But I must agree, That ghosts & Unicorns are fun as well. At the moment I'm hoping to breed my Unicorns. But the female has food on her mind most of the time :blink: .

You should see my room at the moment, It's a Jungle. When girls come over, I would invite them to my room (Not a good Idea ) ha ha. Most don't appreciate the bugs. :rolleyes:

I had some more Pseudoharpax Virescens hatch out today, If you want some , I'm willing to let go a few. ;)

I want a roach. :p I know, it's funny, my close friends do that all the time. Some of them want mantids and some just like to look at them. I'm pretty much on a quest to inform people (the whiny little girls in my school who would much rather squash a bug then give it a chance to live and don't even know what a mantis is) the truths of mantids and the rest of thier buggy cousins.

I like the orchid mantises, but the ghost and unicorns have stolen my heart. I like the mantises that don't take up to much space. Those totally rock when all your animals live in your room. >.>

:lol: I promised couple frineds a mantis when I get everything started up, I've only had mine for two months. *owns 13*

It's your lucky day, I'll give your strange request a try tomorrow. ;) I'll see how close my camera can get to the oothecas. But, Will definitely post pictures no matter what. It might only be tomorrow night through.

If you look at the two oothecas, The one that hatched has little white skin left behind from the hatching. You will see tomorrow, That's if one of the forum members posts before me. ;)

Hey, this is a strange request but can you take a picture of the ootheca after the hatching, and a picture of an unhatched one up close? I'm trying to determine if some ooths I have are hatched or not.Preferably, can you show me a picture of the ooth that's glued on its flat side to the glass so the comparison is closest to my ooth (which are all flat-ended).

Before your ooths hatch, could you see the "vents" or "holes" the mantids come out of..?

Because after seeing a bunch of other mantis ooths the ones I got don't seem to look right; it's hard to tell because these ooths are so tiny and they had a flat end as if the mantis laid them against a screen or something (they're not roundish and long like other ooths); I think from your first photo you have some like that.

I've got plenty of the roaches. ;) I agree, Most of the time my friends just don't care. It's hard to find a true bug lover in person. I've only found one guy, That I work with & he breeds moths. So we trade at work moths & mantis. :rolleyes: My managers don't know what to say. Their excuse is that I'm from Africa & grew up with the tribal people...

Orchids are a lot of fun! But I must agree, That ghosts & Unicorns are fun as well. At the moment I'm hoping to breed my Unicorns. But the female has food on her mind most of the time :blink: .

You should see my room at the moment, It's a Jungle. When girls come over, I would invite them to my room (Not a good Idea ) ha ha. Most don't appreciate the bugs. :rolleyes:

I had some more Pseudoharpax Virescens hatch out today, If you want some , I'm willing to let go a few. ;)
I'm not allowed to have any. My parents don't want them getting loose in the house.

I have a couple friends that like bugs, but don't really adore them. (One friend has a fear of thing with long legs and longs necks, she doesn't really like the texas unicorns but she adores the ghosts) That must be really cool having a breeder work with you. My teachers don't know waht to say about me love of bugs.... my excuse is I'm just plain weird.

Yes I'm geting some orchids soon, I can't wait! The ghosts are so beatiful even when they are babies. I'm hoping to breed my unicorns too, but they're all still babies. Well more like teenagers. :lol:

My room is just a mess. :mellow: Yeah, people don't seem appreciate bugs or any life form anymore. It saddens me. But I appreciate your little buggy frineds. ;)

Ohhhh, I might PM you later. they seem like a nice sp.

"Weird", because you have an actual interest in nature and how things work...? Don't let them beat it out of you.
Nah, my Chem/Bio teacher thinks it's pretty cool.... All the other teachers don't.

I doubt they would ever be able to beat it out of me, I've loved bugs since I was a little girl of three years. Well that's the farthest back I remember.

I'm so glad I do have an interest in nature and such. It's a wonderful thing. :p

Latest posts