Pseudoharpax Virescens

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mantis_Whisper

It took sometime for me to get the roaches in the home. I now own 1,000 roaches. The little things breed like crazy.

I agree! That's one thing I love about this forum.People have the same love for animals & are willing to help at any time. Without these wonderful members, I would not have the collection I have today. Good stuff!

I was camping the other day & this long leg and long neck bug? Bite me, " That hurt". I still to this day dont know what it was. But it was wierd.

I'm enjoying my orchids a lot. They are beautiful all through their lives.

Just let me know if you want this species in your collection. The oothecas Yen sent me are hatching everyday & I'm enjoying them a lot, I highly recommend this species. I cannot wait for them to mature.

Hatched.

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8430.jpg

Have not hatched.

IMG_8429.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

Hatching.

IMG_8423.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yen,

Thank you again. I have ootheca hatching everyday now & I will never get tired of the hatching. ;) I get excited everytime it happens.

Plus, what a good feeling.

You're welcome Mikhails :lol: :D Just hope you won't get tired of all the hatching one day :p

Have not hatched.
IMG_8427.jpg
These are what mine look like. They are flat on one end, yes? The end they are glues against the terrarium to?

So that light brown color in the middle--you can't see inside of it at all, no "tunnel" or "vent" or "hole" of any sort, right? It looks almost gummy...?

Is the ooth hard or soft? Mine are all hard and dried-out looking, and when I look at them as per your camera angle I can see "holes" into the ooth... as they were when I received them. :(

It's starting to look like I got an already hatched ooth (well, ooths, but they were bonuses) from mantisplace.com. I might have send an e-mail about it... I -highly- doubt it was on purpose but I paid for a fertile ooth, not a hatched one :X

I appreciate your help with my odd requests, I guess I've been misting and keeping warm hatched ooths from the start :(

Mantis_WhisperIt took sometime for me to get the roaches in the home. I now own 1,000 roaches. The little things breed like crazy.

I agree! That's one thing I love about this forum.People have the same love for animals & are willing to help at any time. Without these wonderful members, I would not have the collection I have today. Good stuff!

I was camping the other day & this long leg and long neck bug? Bite me, " That hurt". I still to this day dont know what it was. But it was wierd.

I'm enjoying my orchids a lot. They are beautiful all through their lives.

Just let me know if you want this species in your collection. The oothecas Yen sent me are hatching everyday & I'm enjoying them a lot, I highly recommend this species. I cannot wait for them to mature.
I want some hissing roaches when I move out. Wow, That's a load of them. :lol:

Yes I have to agree. yen sent the link to the site and I'm so glad he did! My collection is growing and I owe it all to the loevly people on this fourm.

Where were you camping?

Yes I have to agree. I just got my little L2s and they are simply wonderful. Very pink and very lively.

I really do want some but I might have to wait till I get everything organized.... and when school isn't trying to eat all my free time. :blink:

I have had mantis hatch from ootheca that had holes, But this was the Litaneutria minor

species. What species of ootheca do you have? It's not gummy, But hard. It does look like it through.

Yes most of the time you will see no "holes" If it has not hatched. I'll try & get some more pictures for you tomorrow again. Could you post pictures of your ootheca?

Nick, Is a good guy. I get a lot of my mantis from him. I would wait & see if the ootheca you revived from him hatch. How long have you had the ootheca for?

These are what mine look like. They are flat on one end, yes? The end they are glues against the terrarium to?So that light brown color in the middle--you can't see inside of it at all, no "tunnel" or "vent" or "hole" of any sort, right? It looks almost gummy...?

Is the ooth hard or soft? Mine are all hard and dried-out looking, and when I look at them as per your camera angle I can see "holes" into the ooth... as they were when I received them. :(

It's starting to look like I got an already hatched ooth (well, ooths, but they were bonuses) from mantisplace.com. I might have send an e-mail about it... I -highly- doubt it was on purpose but I paid for a fertile ooth, not a hatched one :X

I appreciate your help with my odd requests, I guess I've been misting and keeping warm hatched ooths from the start :(

I was breeding hissing roaches. They are a very cool species.

Yen, Is the father of most of the mantis I own. Great guy! Rebecca, Is another amazing breeder & so is Nick. I know this becuase I've done business with them..... I could keep on going on with all the other breeders I have done trades & business with. :rolleyes: I still have a lot of good breeders to work with.

For the life of me, I cannot think of where I camped? But will let you know, When I find out. :)

Orchids were my first tropical mantis to own from Rebecca. My mind went crazy when I saw the little things, I could not believe it. This hobby is a lot of fun with all the colors & shapes.

Take as long as you want, This species is new to me too. So I'm still learning about this species, I'm enjoying them a lot. So fare they are a lot of fun!

I want some hissing roaches when I move out. Wow, That's a load of them. :lol: Yes I have to agree. yen sent the link to the site and I'm so glad he did! My collection is growing and I owe it all to the loevly people on this fourm.

Where were you camping?

Yes I have to agree. I just got my little L2s and they are simply wonderful. Very pink and very lively.

I really do want some but I might have to wait till I get everything organized.... and when school isn't trying to eat all my free time. :blink:
:p

I was breeding hissing roaches. They are a very cool species.Yen, Is the father of most of the mantis I own. Great guy! Rebecca, Is another amazing breeder & so is Nick. I know this becuase I've done business with them..... I could keep on going on with all the other breeders I have done trades & business with. :rolleyes: I still have a lot of good breeders to work with.

For the life of me, I cannot think of where I camped? But will let you know, When I find out. :)

Orchids were my first tropical mantis to own from Rebecca. My mind went crazy when I saw the little things, I could not believe it. This hobby is a lot of fun with all the colors & shapes.

Take as long as you want, This species is new to me too. So I'm still learning about this species, I'm enjoying them a lot. So fare they are a lot of fun!

:p
The tiger roaches look pretty cool.

:lol: Same with me. I got 12 mantids of him, 9 are still left. :p I have yet to business with with them, but I will sooner or later. If you find someone that really loves thier mantids you know you've meet a good breeder. :D

I hate when you can't remember things no matter how hard you try, and it happens a lot.

My first real mantid was a orchid I got off a guy who got it off of Yen. I was navie then and bought a mantid for WAY TO MUCH. 25 dollars for a male orchid, that died a month later.... :blink: I still loved the little bugger.

Yeah the mantids are just amazing, it's so cool knowing that creatures like that exsist. :p

Aright. I've seen some pictures of them before and I did like them but I never decided to get them before. But now I really want some. Thanks though.

These are what mine look like. They are flat on one end, yes? The end they are glues against the terrarium to?So that light brown color in the middle--you can't see inside of it at all, no "tunnel" or "vent" or "hole" of any sort, right? It looks almost gummy...?

Those ooths hav not hatched, how long hav u had them???

I have had mantis hatch from ootheca that had holes, But this was the Litaneutria minor species. What species of ootheca do you have? It's not gummy, But hard. It does look like it through.

Yes most of the time you will see no "holes" If it has not hatched. I'll try & get some more pictures for you tomorrow again. Could you post pictures of your ootheca?

Nick, Is a good guy. I get a lot of my mantis from him. I would wait & see if the ootheca you revived from him hatch. How long have you had the ootheca for?
Around since late Sept; like sept 26 or so, not sure on the date. It's only been a few weeks.

I'll try to provide pictures now that I've finally sort-of figured out my mother's camera (for unfortunately another mantis-related reason).