Psuedocreoboter species Tanzania HELP !

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramp

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to mantids and this forum.

Bought these little beauties last week and they're doing fine, temp. 25-35° C, hi humidity in the evening and night. Te larger ones feed on flies and small crickets and the smaller ones feed on fruitflies.

Can anyone help determining the correct species and the gender, please.

I alsa like to get in contact with other mantid lovers in Belgium, Europe, where I live.

Below pics of the animals and my setup. They are housed in glass terrariums measuring 15 X 15 X 30 cm high.

Pics 3 & ' are of the same animal

Thanks already.

01_1.jpg

02_1.jpg

03_1.jpg

03_2.jpg

04_1.jpg

05_1.jpg

to decide which species they are you have to look at the pronotum/shield. if it is wider than it is long, it is probably p.wahlbergii. if it is about as wide as it is long (like a diamond type shape) then it is p.ocellata. if you search the forum you will probably find a thread with pictures of both to make it easier to differentiate.

as for gender, i think the first two are male, the second two are female, and the fifth i am not very sure but i will guess at female (a picture with a plainer background would make it easier)

here is a thread that may help you decide for sure on their gender:

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...amp;hl=ocellata

good luck.

Based on the photos I would say you have Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergii. I say this because no P. Ocellata I have ever kept had abdomen spikes that pronounced. My P.O's had much shorter spikes.

Example:

Pseudocreobotra Ocellata

Thanks all for the reply's

Now I am sure that they are Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergii I will start breeding them.