Questions about breeding mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuniperTheMantis

Reaction score
I'm a teen and I'm very interested in breeding mantises and possibly selling them. I'm hoping to get some giant asian mantids soon and maybe some other species. I have some questions: Should I try to get a permit (or have a parent get one or smth)? How many nymphs will survive to adulthood? (My mom is worried about me being left with hundreds of nymphs if I can't find them all a home) Where could I sell nymphs? Any other tips/advice?

Lot's of questions, this forum has a lot of answers for you. You need to take some time and do some reading. Rising insects like any creature takes time to learn.

I'm a teen and I'm very interested in breeding mantises and possibly selling them. I'm hoping to get some giant asian mantids soon and maybe some other species. I have some questions: Should I try to get a permit (or have a parent get one or smth)? How many nymphs will survive to adulthood? (My mom is worried about me being left with hundreds of nymphs if I can't find them all a home) Where could I sell nymphs? Any other tips/advice?
absolutely want a permit from the USDA before you start selling, try applying to the permit with something simple on your requrest, like a chinese mantis (which is already pretty widespread in america) and after you get approved add on everything else you bit by bit to your permit. If you work for the USDA or are connected to any university that'll give you much better chances of approval. As far as raising them there's guide everywhere but a lot of it is trial and error that you'll learn from, best of luck my man

Latest posts