Really enjoying T's

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShieldMantid1997

Reaction score
Hello guys, I never thought I would be the type to own Ts, but they are awesome!

I love my Avicularia versicolor, and decided to order an Avicularia avicularia sling. About 3/4"

I will be able to take lots of pics this weekend as long as Bolt (my a. versi) doesn't flight in every direction like usual :p

i hear avicularias are really sweet tarantulas. Always wanted a T but my mom hates spiders :lol: I'm shocked she lets me keep a scorpion!

I wanted to get a versicolor this year myself just haven't had money,they are one of my faves,get some nice color and are more docile than others I've been told :) Looking forward to seeing them

I acquired mine for 16 dollars, was a sold deal when i saw the price. Got him at 1/2 - 3/4"

I'm jealous of this guy

Last edited by a moderator:
AvicAvicslingfullbody_zpsea76f4ba.jpg

slingfullbod2imp_zps331a271d.jpg

avicavicslingwithmolt_zps61afcecb.jpg

My Avic avic molted during shipping, here's the molt.

AvicAvicmolt_zpsbe1757b0.jpg

Now for my Avic versicolor

AvicVersislingonfinger_zps1dbc38dd.jpg

AvicVersiBluetest_zpsfd704c46.jpg

Avics are cute critters as slings, and quite lovely as adults. Rather miss mine. He "hooked out" so gave him to a breeder friend of mine. Hopefully he'll sire some progeny.

Typically only danger from Avics is getting defected on. :poop: Shooting their feces is a common defense mechanism for them and they can be surprisingly accurate. :2guns: