Releasing brings gladness and sorrow...........

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidmomma

Reaction score
We released 28 mantids into our woods today. One part of me is happy. Another is sad. I wish we could keep them all as pets. But we have over 200 Chinese nymphs alone with 3 more eggs hatching soon.  We are hoping by releasing, they will strengthen their presence in our community!  :)

This guy pictured did not want to leave. He hung around with us for nearly an hour before he decided to make his way into the outside world.  ❤️

Mantis.jpg

It’s nice that you’re repopulating your area! Who knows, years from now someone might find a descendant of your mantids and get into the hobby themselves.

And what a pretty little guy, his green coloration suits him nicely.

That is cool that you released the mantids back into the wild. I hope they all make it to adult!

- MantisGirl13

I wish them good luck in de outside world :)

It’s nice that you’re repopulating your area! Who knows, years from now someone might find a descendant of your mantids and get into the hobby themselves.

And what a pretty little guy, his green coloration suits him nicely.

That is cool that you released the mantids back into the wild. I hope they all make it to adult!

- MantisGirl13

Those look pretty big!  What instar are they?

That's a pretty one! I would have a hard time letting him go. ?

Thank you all!  And they were L6 and L7.  :)   It was difficult to let him go....or any of them actually. But we released a large quantity in the spring and we are seeing them everywhere now....and that brings much happiness!  My family has owned this property since 1932 and we have never used chemicals or fertilizers of any kind on it.  We will hopefully increase the mantis population where we live.  ❤️