Rhombodera cf stalli or valida

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
validas have more prominent black rings around the white spot and also have a pink upper abdomen. Also valida has a larger protonum

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhombodera validas are easier to breed (I guess stallis tend to be sterile). Validas are a bit larger than rhombodera stalli. I also remember reading somewhere that they are less prone to black eye.

Rhombodera validas are easier to breed (I guess stallis tend to be sterile). Validas are a bit larger than rhombodera stalli. I also remember reading somewhere that they are less prone to black eye.
While yes valida has a larger protonom and is longer, I have never heard of the other to things and I think you may be mislead.

While yes valida has a larger protonom and is longer, I have never heard of the other to things and I think you may be mislead.
I looked up pics and that's how i distinguish them

#1 is a stalli. #2 is valida

60zsf.jpg
GkGOQ.jpg

Pics from google

That's just my way of telling the difference. Is there a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just my way of telling the difference. Is there a problem?
I think he's saying you've got the right names but stalli is actually the easier one to keep; valida doesn't make it very many generations.