Rhombodera sp

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheus uk

Reaction score
Got some of these myself now, heres some pics of them mating from last night, the male survived :)

Got them paired up the day i got them which i thought was good

Not very good photos

SNV31036.jpg

SNV31043.jpg

SNV31056.jpg

SNV31039.jpg

Nice pics! Good luck in getting the next generation. This species has certainly spread far. Remove the male as soon as he is done, Adult female of this species finds the head of adult male very tasty :eek:

Thanks everyone, i rescued the male from the female as soon as i found them seperate.

I know how to pair mantids up, but regarding mating ive forgotten the last time i paired some mantids up and all the info around them. What im concerned about is that the day after the mating the females abdomen was sort of open and i cant remember if this is normal or not. I found the spermetaphore on the floor today, so im guessing the mating was a failure, i was told that she has been mated before though.

Nice pics! What kind of camera and lenses were you using?

i know so far all the species ive mated the females.... back side.... is wide open until she cleans it. She may still be mated, doesnt he deposit more than one? this second part i have no idea of though.