Roaches keep flipping upside down

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mime454

Reaction score
I keep finding my Dubia roaches upside down. Is this normal behavior? I have been flipping them right side up, but do I need to?

flipping over and playing dead is a defense mechanism. Leave them alone and see if the flipped ones are righted. I feed mine in the bin, but they aren't always eating.

Lay some newspaper down on the bottom and put in some eggcrates so they have something to grip whilst upside down...

yea, how are u keeping them? roaches like the dark, if it is to light, they need somewhere to hide. Maybe like little kids, if they are upside down due to no eyelids, they think u can't see them.

Give them something to grip. Perhaps the container is too smooth?

If they seem ill, remove them from the others.

I have had some sick roaches perk right up after giving them royal jelly. I remove them from the others and never put them back . I keep those cases in a separate container indefinitely, for observation.

I don't know what I am going to do with my rehabilitated roaches, but don't want to feed them to anything or keep them with the healthy ones. :/

Latest posts