robelgado

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ismart

Reaction score
I just recieved my first package of mantids from robelgado. All ten orchids came alive, and well. Even after the post office crushed the box in several places :angry: . His communication is great. I'm very pleased with this transaction. I will be doing bussiness with him again. If you have not bought from him yet please do, you won't be disapointed :) .

Thank-you!

Paul

Am still trying to work out a deal with this person. He agreed to hold three mantids for me. Once he said they were ready he quoted me a price of $10.35 for USPS priority mail. I ship enough to know that that is too high for a package that he said weighs under 1 lb. I also made sure by inputting the info into the website. The price is actually under $5. I told him I would pay $8 for that shipping since his price on the items was pretty good. I have yet to hear back from him. My last reply from him was on 5/26. This person is also very slow to respond to my PM's.

Am still trying to work out a deal with this person. He agreed to hold three mantids for me. Once he said they were ready he quoted me a price of $10.35 for USPS priority mail. I ship enough to know that that is too high for a package that he said weighs under 1 lb. I also made sure by inputting the info into the website. The price is actually under $5. I told him I would pay $8 for that shipping since his price on the items was pretty good. I have yet to hear back from him. My last reply from him was on 5/26. This person is also very slow to respond to my PM's.
I have been more than modest with rick.

He did not want to do express.

So I offered priority.

I do not make the prices.

Your 3 mantids are on hold when you are ready.

The day you pay. I will arrive at the post office. And take a pretty picture of the receipt.

To calm your nerves that is. If they charge me less. I will refund the difference.

I am not very slow to respond, just tired of your bs.

-Bobby

I have been more than modest with rick.He did not want to do express.

So I offered priority.

I do not make the prices.

Your 3 mantids are on hold when you are ready.

The day you pay. I will arrive at the post office. And take a pretty picture of the receipt.

To calm your nerves that is. If they charge me less. I will refund the difference.

I am not very slow to respond, just tired of your bs.

-Bobby
You're slow to respond. You can post here and say you're tired of my bs but cannot reply to my PM's. You also will not explain to me why the price is so high. You said the package is under a pound. I've been doing this a long time and I know what a package that weighs that much costs to ship priority and it ain't $10+ dollars unless you're not giving me all the details. I offered to pay $8 for the shipping however you have never responded to that offer. Yeah it might be a difference of $2.35 but it isn't the money it's the principle of the whole thing.

Below is a screenshot of a shipping quote. I put in a 12"x12" box that weighs one pound shipped priority from Miami (you are in FL) to my zip code in NC. Unless somebody at the PO is hosing you the price should be the same. What say you?

shipping.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have not received a direct reply on this shipping issue. This person obviously doesn't want to work with me on what is obviously a valid issue. I posted concrete proof yet he has nothing to really say about it. I think I will take my business elsewhere. BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 15 Orchid Mantis nymphs from robelgado, and he was going to hold them until they were L3's and then ship them. He didn't require a deposit to hold them because Orchids are know for frequent molting problems, and we wanted to know the exact number available once the were L3's before paying--to avoid any payment problems/confusion with refunds/etc. --if 15 weren't available at the L3 stage. He contacted me when they were ready to ship, I paypalled him, and he sent them. They were sent express mail and were supposed to arrive here the next day, but it took 2 days for them to get here. Don't know if the postal service lost them for a day or what. All were alive when they arrived, but one was weak and died shortly after. All the others drank water and ate right away and are doing great. The box I received them in was also crushed by the post office, and many of the cups they were in were slightly crunched as well. I'm very happy only one was lost, and am sure it was no fault of robelgado's, but the fault of the post office.

I'm really happy I got them. The price was fair (especially for L3s) and I am so happy they weren't shipped prior to being L3's because I am sure the extra day in transit would have killed them all if they were smaller when shipped.

I would definitely buy from him again,

Rodney

[SIZE=14pt]Well I got my 5 Orchids intoday, the box was crushed :angry: , it look like there wasnt a lot of packing "paper" in there maybe why it got crushed, also it was a large box for the 5 2oz cups they where shiped in, mabe a smaller box would of been better for such a small shipment ;) 'just a thought'. Now the orchids look good I feed them and gave them some water, the only thing was they look a little small for L3s, "the thing that made me think this is about 3weeks ago I gotin a L4 male and a L5 female and they are way smaller then these L3s almost the size of my L3 spiny flowers, well thats what I'm baseing this on", but other then that looks to be in good health. <_< Now he didnt get back to me very soon with pm's, but when there was hang up with paypals he helped me clear it up soon unuff, I think I would buy from him again, "just try to reply to your pm's alittle quicker then you do Please, it could help sometimes" B) .[/SIZE]

LOL.........it sound like everyone is giving him somewhat bad feedback.

I got my Orchid Mantis today in a huge box. Everything was fine, not crushed, nothing bad happen... the mantis are all healthy and feeding well!!! He might be a little slow on responding but everyone has his good and bad day.

Overall, I am happy with my shipment and the Orchid Mantis are in great health!

[SIZE=14pt]Well I got my 5 Orchids intoday, the box was crushed :angry: , it look like there wasnt a lot of packing "paper" in there maybe why it got crushed, also it was a large box for the 5 2oz cups they where shiped in, mabe a smaller box would of been better for such a small shipment ;) 'just a thought'. Now the orchids look good I feed them and gave them some water, the only thing was they look a little small for L3s, "the thing that made me think this is about 3weeks ago I gotin a L4 male and a L5 female and they are way smaller then these L3s almost the size of my L3 spiny flowers, well thats what I'm baseing this on", but other then that looks to be in good health. <_< Now he didnt get back to me very soon with pm's, but when there was hang up with paypals he helped me clear it up soon unuff, I think I would buy from him again, "just try to reply to your pm's alittle quicker then you do Please, it could help sometimes" B) .[/SIZE]
Why so many crushed boxes? I have never received a crushed box nor had a box crushed in transit.

I've had a lot of crushed boxes from all the carriers, not just the USPS. But, never with an express shipped box. Then again, if the box is too big for it's contents, it makes it easer for that to happen. I deal with shipping every day with my job.

But as you can clearly see, all my mantids arrive alive, and on time. I can't regulate what the post office does to my boxes.

Received my package today. All 3 little guys were in perfect health and ate within seconds of me feeding them.

I had ordered them in mid May, but then had to schedule surgery on May 21st so I contacted Rob asking him to hold them for me for 2 weeks so I could recuperate. I ended up needing more time than expected due to complications during the recovery.

Rob took care of them for me with out requesting a deposit and even kept in contact with me letting me know how they were doing.

Highly recommended, will definitely buy from him again.

-Dinora

PS: shipping box was ok :)

Latest posts