robo mantis' ant pictures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo mantis

Reaction score
Here is me feeding one of my colonies honey.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Bad quality picture of the queen :roll:

IMG_0295.jpg

I will have more pictures up soon of my different species and different colonies! Enjoy!

Actually i hear you can't buy them :cry: All my queens i get from mating flights or lifting up rocks,lods, and bricks. I'm not exactly sure but i think Lasius Flavus (they are yellow and orange mixed). Colony has 1 queen about 100 larva 70 workers and lots of eggs and such. (those are estimates).

Yep, it's illegal to send queen ants in America. They can start many many colonies that might wipe out other bugs. (Psst...the keeping of exotic mantids are illegal too)

Very cool ants. Unfortunately, the only ants near where I live are these annoying little black ants.

My Acrobat queen

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

A small group of colonies about 15 queens (VERY RARE)!!! NOTE: The queens are the big ones. The common name is "crazy ant."

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Wow, I heard of 'crazy ants' on the news a while back. They are a serious threat to the native species, going into nests and killing them all. I really don't see it possible, since they are small as well, but hey, it was in the news.

Wow, I heard of 'crazy ants' on the news a while back. They are a serious threat to the native species, going into nests and killing them all. I really don't see it possible, since they are small as well, but hey, it was in the news.
it is possible. there is a species that actually captures young and makes them into slaves.

Yes or when you see ants swarming on sidewalk that is an "ant war." After the war the ants that won will raid the other nest of eggs larva and pupa. Very common. I will have more pictures up soon. :D

Yes or when you see ants swarming on sidewalk that is an "ant war." After the war the ants that won will raid the other nest of eggs larva and pupa. Very common. I will have more pictures up soon. :D
Ooh.... so that's what I have been seeing..........

Yeah its common in around this time of year. Mainly August and i have seen many wars! One of the wars involved a colony of 80,000 vs. 70,000! it raged for 3 days!!!!!!!!!

ants are totally badass. i love ant biology! very fascinating stuff.

15 queens? :shock: :shock: :shock:

are you sure they're queens and not drones? drones can be readily found in great numbers at times.

Positive i know what drones look like. Smaller than queen, now as bulky, die right after mating, and they always have their wings on. This species mating season is over so there are no drones of this species existing right now.

Hey guys i got a queen today! Lasius Niger. She has lots of eggs here are some pictures! Enjoy!

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't of said it was from ??????!

You shouldn't of said it was from ?????! Somone could report you o_O
You shouldn't even say you are in the ??. It's illegal to send Queen ants to the ??. Very illegal, since ants are skgflkdhsfklask when they invade your food, and people hate em when they do that.

It would be cool to have an ant battle. Maybe eliminate some of the colonies practically inside of my house.

(Did I edit right?)

Latest posts