Roy (PA, USA)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARKII

Reaction score
Hello, Roy, PA, USA, Adult Female Chinese Mantis ( Tenodera sinensis ) Final Instar (I count 6 abdomen segments). Wild caught, at night, when I went to go take my garbage cans to the back street for garbage pickup.

Since I got her, she's ate wild caught Moth, Fly, Moth, and today she had a stink bug. In that order. For the two days I've had her.

My post was deleted before, I wrote a really nice post, but supposedly I wasn't logged in or some , so you're not going to see that post ever.

Here's the pretty girl. 6th Instar, Adult Female Chinese Praying Mantis
cTR3P5h.jpg

Panasonic Lumix Lx7, F/3.5, ISO 80, 1/13 sec, 24mm

Here's a little video I did. (Panasonic Lumix Lx7, 1080p, 20Mbps)

My post was deleted before, I wrote a really nice post, but supposedly I wasn't logged in or some , so you're not going to see that post ever.

Here's the pretty girl. 6th Instar, Adult Female Chinese Praying Mantis

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Strange about your post, as it doesn't show anywhere (I've looked) or in your post count either. If a member is not logged in they can not make posts, or see most of this forum, so I am not sure how that could even occur. Very nice photo of your mantis though, and indeed it does appear to be female. :)

I've already responded in your other post too, but will point out that your mantis is not L6 (6th instar) it is actually L8 (an adult as it has wings). See the image below for the typical Chinese mantis (Tenodera sinensis) instar stages..

tenodera_1-8.jpg

The original photo is from this link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts