S limbata, Cricket Experiment

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeRipper

Reaction score
So I got some small crix from my friend's petshop.

Just to see if some of my biggies can take'em.

After feeding time today, I was looking at everyone just to see if anyone had started eating.

Turns out Mr. Flapjack sure did.

I got some pretty good pics of him eating.

Tadah!

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

I'd say the experiment is a success, eh?

What!? I thought they *only* ate crix! :lol:

Thanks for sharing the pix...no brown or tan ones yet? I think I've only seen greenies (yours).

I've been feeding my L3 ghosties crickets (well, the ones that are small enough) - I'm very glad it works. I've been too broke to order any flies, been putting it off.

Man look at him go, that little guy sure did take that cricket down.

I think I may try some tiny crickets with some of my smaller mantises

now.

He can probably take one bigger than that too.

how cute! reminds me of that joke for some reason, must be cause it's legs are up in the air! anyone heard it?

How do u .... can't member it now, must ask hubby...

I was naming them after cartoon characters, lol.

All of my mantids are named after some fictional character.

Toki Wartooth, Nathan Explosion, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Pickles, Ash, Misty, Brock, Scyther, Blaziken, Pipsqueak and Flapjack.

+10 internets to those who can name all the shows that the names are from.

I was naming them after cartoon characters, lol.All of my mantids are named after some fictional character.

Toki Wartooth, Nathan Explosion, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Pickles, Ash, Misty, Brock, Scyther, Blaziken, Pipsqueak and Flapjack.

+10 internets to those who can name all the shows that the names are from.
Hmmm.... :mellow: I can see I'm at -10 already! :lol:

Must be an age thing. I don't know a single one.
God, I hope not, Rick. The first batch are from Dethlock the cartoon death metal band, the next batch are Pokemon kids and critters, Flapjack is a newish cartoon on the Cartoon Channel, BUT I have no idea who Pipsqueak is (though I remember Pip, Squeak and Wilfred from the English cartoons, 50 yrs ago) so I can hang onto my Old Fart status. Wow, that was close! I might just make some flapjack soon. I'll have to see if I can find some Lyle's Golden Syrup, yum yum!

Latest posts