Salutations

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nero

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, my name is Nero. I've always had a interest in Praying Mantids since I was a young kid. I've caught them every time I found one but the tale as old as time. Life gets the better of you and you get caught up in other things and time goes by. Here I am and trying to get back into it by getting some mantids I've never even thought I would. I'm really excited to maybe start a collection (I already customized a terrarium). I definitely have a few species that I would like to raise even just once. For example, The African Mantis (Sphodromantis Viridis), Conehead Mantis (Empusa Pennata), Giant Australian Rainforest Mantis (Hierodula Majuscul), Giant Asian Mantis (Hierodula Membranacea), Eventually, Orchid Mantis (Hymenopus Coronatus) and even Vietnamese Ghost Mantis (Parablepharis Kuhli). Lol, I didn't mean to start rambling on. Be honest I feel like I'm getting on the boat too late. I've kept my eye on BugsInCyberspace and PanterraPets. I've fought the urge to give in and try the website USMantis. Hoping to get lucky but nothing I really wanted to start out with yet. Thank everyone for keeping a forum like this and I hope everyone has a good day.

(Sorry for the rant.)

Hello Everyone, my name is Nero. I've always had a interest in Praying Mantids since I was a young kid. I've caught them every time I found one but the tale as old as time. Life gets the better of you and you get caught up in other things and time goes by. Here I am and trying to get back into it by getting some mantids I've never even thought I would. I'm really excited to maybe start a collection (I already customized a terrarium). I definitely have a few species that I would like to raise even just once. For example, The African Mantis (Sphodromantis Viridis), Conehead Mantis (Empusa Pennata), Giant Australian Rainforest Mantis (Hierodula Majuscul), Giant Asian Mantis (Hierodula Membranacea), Eventually, Orchid Mantis (Hymenopus Coronatus) and even Vietnamese Ghost Mantis (Parablepharis Kuhli). Lol, I didn't mean to start rambling on. Be honest I feel like I'm getting on the boat too late. I've kept my eye on BugsInCyberspace and PanterraPets. I've fought the urge to give in and try the website USMantis. Hoping to get lucky but nothing I really wanted to start out with yet. Thank everyone for keeping a forum like this and I hope everyone has a good day.

(Sorry for the rant.)
I feel like most of us have felt that way at some point seeing posts from back in 2007, but it’s nice to see the community has held together so long

(Sorry for the rant.)
Welcome! BugsinCyberspace and PanterraPets are great, reputable places to get started. If you look around the feedback section, I'm sure you can also find some small-time breeders to purchase from. Have you tried MantisMeet on Facebook? There's a very active community there!

Last I have to add is to please not purchase from USMantis, also known as Craig Baker. He's a notorious scammer here in the hobby and his mantises are often poorly taken care of.

(Sorry for the rant.)

(Sorry for the rant.)
Welcome Nero! I saw a thread that a member here was opening up their own new shop called bugboyshop.com. They’re offering a promo right now too, might be worth taking a look!

Welcome Nero! I saw a thread that a member here was opening up their own new shop called bugboyshop.com. They’re offering a promo right now too, might be worth taking a look!
I'll have to add this to my list of sites to keep my eyes on. I appreciate the tip.

Thanks to everyone for the greeting. Have a good day.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF