Santa Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
Nikki Mantis has been asking about Santa Mantis.

Does anyone have a photo to help Nikki continue her belief in the jolly old Mantis?

Photographic evidence...

ojqkU.jpg

My crew believes in the Christmas Angel Spider. Every year he slips down the ceiling on a thin thread and leaves presents for all the good mantises. Bad mantises are wrapped up in web and taken back with him for dinner. Moral of the story, be a good mantis.

Spider.jpg

The two sets of angel wings on the santa spider really do it for me.

These pics are awesome.

I love the Christmas Angel Spider, absolutely brilliant!

HA ! These are terrific.

Sticky -- yes, she's been a very good mantis. She said she wants something naughty, though. Asked for a group of crickets "mud" wrestling in a pool of warm chocolate. :devil:

Klaw, u kill me! haha, lots of santas here!
Every year I try to convince my mom she should use him as the tree topper but she isn't having any of it. Something strange about no spiders allowed.

The two sets of angel wings on the santa spider really do it for me.
Hehehe, but of course. I really should take an updated photo. He know has some extra accessories like a little scarf and spectacles.

That is a really old ink drawing of mine... I'm not sure where you snagged it off of.

Every year I try to convince my mom she should use him as the tree topper but she isn't having any of it. Something strange about no spiders allowed.

Hehehe, but of course. I really should take an updated photo. He know has some extra accessories like a little scarf and spectacles.

That is a really old ink drawing of mine... I'm not sure where you snagged it off of.
The drawing is very much in the style of your avatars.

I found it by doing a Google search for "praying mantis christmas" and linked it from your Gaia Online post. I hope you didn't think I was trying to take credit for it. I saw it, loved it, and shared it (albeit without an attempt to credit the creator). Sorry, it's always a little weird to find your creations spreading around the internet without your permission. I unfortunately know this feeling all too well.

Nice work and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator: