seeking help hand feeding mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can grab the bug with a... what's it called :eek: This thing:Klik

and put it in front of your mantis. Maybe he'll grab it.. if not, you could slice the bug open a bit so that the juice comes out and that way your mantis can taste it. When he tastes it, he'll grab it within seconds.

I assume your mantis is sick or crippled?

Why do you think you need to do this? If you need to get yourself a pair of those long tweezers.

Take a bamboo skewer and a needle. And either glue or tape the needle at one end of the skewer and use it as a spear and then kind of put the food by the mantis face and move it around mine love that

I was just curious to know so if/when my mantids get sick I already know instead of scrambling to find the answer.

Thank You for the Info

Hmm, that's a good idea. I never though of attaching a pin to the end of my skewers. I guess that'll make things a whole lot cleaner. :p

So on the topic of feeding mantids what is best to feed my mantids. right now I got them on fruit flies and very small crickets. Out of the normal house hold bugs what can I feed my mantid and what shouldn't I feed my mantid?

So on the topic of feeding mantids what is best to feed my mantids. right now I got them on fruit flies and very small crickets. Out of the normal house hold bugs what can I feed my mantid and what shouldn't I feed my mantid?
What's wrong with what you're feeding it now. You can try anything yoou find if the size is right for your mantids. If they can't or won't eat something they will just drop it.

Latest posts