Sent home to the bush =)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostie

Reaction score
Haha sent my baby home to the bush today cause we have no male for her and she is sub adult, soon to be a monster.

Figured I'd rather give her a chance at finding her mate in the bush then die alone in a cage!

Really really liked this mantis. She was very docile and friendly and favored using my hands as a perch to even her own home bush. I will miss her! Love you mantis and good luck!

Just got back from taking her to my grandmas and letting her go.

senthome003.jpg

senthome002.jpg

senthome001.jpg

The world may never know! hehe

I guess we came to the conclusion she was some sort of Limbata of the Stagmomantis kind!

I'm not so hot on all the species names but she was a nice green one! :) :p

I have like four more females of the same type is somebody can use them! Otherwise they will be grown to near adult and released the same way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe How many of your mantids can say they have been on two knee dragging motorcycle canyon runs?

There is a short clip of canyons between here and grandma's that I take on the motorcycle. She rode in my backpack in a deli cup through the canyons on her way here and on her way home. She officially is the first mantid with a motorcycle license. B)

I was actually sad to let her go. She was so cool! Someone help me I'm developing feelings for bugs! :p :rolleyes: :eek:

So what's gonna be your next mantis? If I knew for sure I had limbata, I got 2 males that would keep her company, but I have doubts of what I really have. They sure don't look like yours.

My next mantis?

I can't buy any more mantids right now I have too many hehehe. If anything, more Orchids. Those are neato and I'm sending my only one out to be bred.

Gongys, ghosties, more green limbatas, idolos, shields, chinese, Acromantis Magnas I'm trying to breed and two different types of Creobroters. :blink:

It takes me about an hour to feed them all every day but I find myself pulling them all out and playing with them too so add another hour or two a day and I find myself in the mantis corner often. :lol: Not to mention they all keep growing like beansprouts and I have to keep making larger cages.

I don't know also What they really were so wasn't sure if we could pair ours together or not.

If so I have a couple more females (I think female!) about to get that large too. They look just like she did. Let me know if you figure it out. I have closer pictures of that big mantis I released in my "ghosties pics thread" Near the bottom of the second page. Be sure to enlarge them! I get lost in her big green eyes.