sexing DUW

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Ortiz

Reaction score
Hope this is in the right place I took some ventral pics today trying to figure out sex I'd like a some others opinons.

ghost #1 male?

ghost01-1.jpg

Ghots #2 male?

ghost02-1.jpg

Ghost #3 Female?

ghost03-1.jpg

Ghost #4 male?

ghost04-1.jpg

Ghost #5 Female?

ghost05.jpg

Cryptic #1 male?

cryptic01-1.jpg

Cryptic #2 male?

cryptic02.jpg

Ghosts.... my opinion....1-male, 2-female, 3-female, 4-male, 5-female

Cryptics... not as sure, but I'd agree with the both being males.
Awsome I was thinking #2 might be female thats what I originaly thought when I picked them out but I was second guessing my self. I'll try to pick out a couple female Cryptic's tomorrow when I go back to Ken's :D

Awsome I was thinking #2 might be female thats what I originaly thought when I picked them out but I was second guessing my self. I'll try to pick out a couple female Cryptic's tomorrow when I go back to Ken's :D
For what it's worth,I agree with Katt pretty confidently on all the ghosts -- do you notice those last two narrow plates on the males? You can also see it clearly on the second cryptic shot, but I'm not sure about the first one. You did a good job of getting ventral shots!

I agree with Katnapper and Phil.

Ironically, for ghosts...you're better off sexing the other end! There are already other threads on sexing ghosts, but it's easier to tell by their heads. The males have a narrower "Z" formation on top while the females have a shorter and wider head piece/crown.

Hope that helps!

Ghost 1 - male

Ghost 2 - female

Ghost 3 - female

Ghost 4 - male

Ghost 5 - female

Cryptic 1 - female

Cryptic 2 - male