Shipping alert

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synapze

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone - please consider ordering any feeders you need much earlier than you need them. The USPS is having issues with tracking. I just spent an hour on hold with USPS to get help with a Priority Mail delivery shipped last Monday! My dealer mailed the package on Monday and provided a tracking number. The tracking updates ended when it left the dealer's state and haven't been updated since. USPS has now informed me that the delivery date is unknown. I usually order on Sunday and my (fantastic) dealer sends me the tracking numbers and ships immediately and I have always received my orders on Wednesdays or in a few rare cases Thursday.

I just wanted to pass on the info so you may want to order your feeders extra early. A friend had the same problem with a non-mantid related perishable item... she ordered priority on November 19th and also hasn't received tracking updates. I don't know if this is just a regional problem in my area or regular holiday delays. 

FYI - Average hold time for USPS exceeds an hour and the self help options are hysterically useless. USPS has no additional information on tracking, they just read back to you what you already know, so a call is basically a waste of time. 

Better too many feeders on hand than none at all.  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone - please consider ordering any feeders you need much earlier than you need them. The USPS is having issues with tracking. I just spent an hour on hold with USPS to get help with a Priority Mail delivery shipped last Monday! My dealer mailed the package on Monday and provided a tracking number. The tracking updates ended when it left the dealer's state and haven't been updated since. USPS has now informed me that the delivery date is unknown. I usually order on Sunday and my (fantastic) dealer sends me the tracking numbers and ships immediately and I have always received my orders on Wednesdays or in a few rare cases Thursday.

I just wanted to pass on the info so you may want to order your feeders extra early. A friend had the same problem with a non-mantid related perishable item... she ordered priority on November 19th and also hasn't received tracking updates. I don't know if this is just a regional problem in my area or regular holiday delays. 

FYI - Average hold time for USPS exceeds an hour and the self help options are hysterically useless. USPS has no additional information on tracking, they just read back to you what you already know, so a call is basically a waste of time. 

Better too many feeders on hand than none at all.  :D
Thanks for the warning!

- MantisGirl13