Shout from Quebec, Canada

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petmantis

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a student near Montreal, Canada. When I was younger, I became quite interested in the vast world of insects, particularly mantids (of course ;) ). It's sufficient to say that after my first mantis died in captivity (an adult female European mantis, which became quite spoiled and fat with the plentiful meals I gave her), I moved on to other hobbies (rocks, particularly fossils, and lately carnivorous plants).

I've kept mantids on three separate occasions, each one more successful than the previous. Living near Montreal, my interest to try insects again was sparked after a few visits to the local Insectarium. Apart from that, I've had the great opportunity to befriend one of the founding members of the Toronto Entomological Association, who maintains a mind-blowing collection of thousands of insects. I'd love to try my hand at raising insects again with an ootheca or two next spring, and see how I have improved.

I stumbled upon this great site by following a link from a carnivorous plant growers' forum I visit (TerraForums.com). I'm also active on the Ontario Carnivorous Plant Society forum and various others (all under the same username, "petmantis"), and I'm the seedbank manager for the Canadian Carnivorous Plant Society based at the Montreal Botanical Gardens.

Thanks!

petmantis

Welcome. It sounds like you found a place to feel "at home". Just a bunch of crazy bug lovers in this place. Not to mention other inverts. verts, and plant lovers.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts