small canisters for nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engraver30

Reaction score
I got a few of these the other day and thought they would work to house some of my nymphs in. Thought I would share my find.

Tray-O-Vials

Big clear-plastic vials, 5-1/16" tall x 2-1/16" dia. You get (6) of them nestled into depressions in a 9" X 9" X 9" triangular white-plastic tray/holder, in your basic bowling pin arrangement. The plastic is slightly flexible and the vials have push-on white plastic lids. Bonus: The tray would double very nicely as a spill-proof paint palette for toddlers, or as a parts sorter.

37694 VIAL SET $1.95 / EACH

http://sciplus.com/category.cfm?subsection=7&category=79

37694.jpg

You could always drill some small holes in the top. For the price I think it is a great deal plus it displays well.

Too small IMO. 32 oz deli cups are better and they have vented lids and you can cut a hole in the side and put a foam plug in it. Then you can feed and water through the hole. Can't do that on the ones you posted.

Why not? Just cut a hole in the top, and...uh...

Man, you're right :? !

However, they would make very, very, very effective shipping containers.

Would these work well for fruit fly cultures? You could cut holes in the lids and then cover with mesh or cloth.

Latest posts