Some mantis pics with ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have some free time after feeding the mantis, took some mantis pics with ooth

The Zoolea female doesn't lay ooth frequently, guess i need to add more heat on them

ooth4.jpg

This is what happen when i couldn't find time to remove all the ooth, the Arizona unicorn is really a breeding machine, more productive than Texas unicorn :blink:

ooth10.jpg

SPeaking of breeding machine, ghost mantis definately belongs to the same group

ooth5.jpg

A very typical dead leaf female posture defending the ooth, she has been in this position for weeks. Here are each of the adult female with their second ooth

af3.jpg

ooth14.jpg

Yea the ghost do lay good, the dead leaf, hah! Ooths as long as tomorrow, but hard to mate. The Zooleas ooths sure do look like the texans. But then so do the Zooleas too!

Yeah Becky, you never know when the ghost mantis decides to lay another ooth, just a day after i took the pic, the same ghost had deposited anotehr ooth close to the previous ooth, now i have to play surgery later tonight :D

ooth7.jpg

Yup, the ootheca for Arizona unicorn, Texas unicorn, and Zoolea sp are all very similar looking, especially the AZ and TX unicorn ooth, looks identical to me :blink: .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts