Some of my mantid pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Reaction score
One of my adult female Orchids. She laid her first ooth about two weeks ago. I got her from Yen as a baby last March.

362.jpg

This is one of my three female ghosts. She is the first to make it to adulthood. She shed yesterday morning. I have a male that shed to adult two weeks ago. Im hoping to have some ghost babies in my future!!

363.jpg

This is a sub-adult female orchid. Her budwings are starting to swell so it wont be long......

361.jpg

This is the female ghost that shed yesterday afternoon. She struck at a moth in the cage next to her, so I gave her one to. She had it in less than 5 seconds.

The other pic is an L3 Asian Giant. It always amazes me that they can eat things bigger than they are.

001.jpg

002.jpg

The sub-adult female shed today while I was at work. I was pleasantly suprised to see such a beautiful mantid waiting for me when I got home today. I did not expect her to keep the pink coloration. Does anyone know if she will keep this...or will it fade with time? Anyway, here are some pics of me and my 3yr old daughter with her.
031.jpg

034.jpg

My female ghost chowing on a mealworm dipped in honey and bee-pollen. YUMMY!!!!

005.jpg

My Male/Female Pair.

007.jpg

A couple people asked what kind of moth was the giant asian eating. I believe it is a Ailanthus Webworm. I found a couple of these around my porch light this summer and had never seen them before. I looked them up on a web site called whatsthatbug.com