Species?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stablebum

Reaction score
I really want to know what kind of mantis mine is. She's 3 in long, a female, has a green body other than her wings and thorax. She is just a straight line...no out of the norm shape, and I found her in IL. Any questions or suggestions as to her species would be greatly appreciated!

Illinois would be chinese or carolina. There might be european there too but I grew up in Illinois and never found one. A pic is a good idea if you can post one.

Yea, Chinese is my choice too, that's what it sounds like. I put them out in the field in the spring, so surprising that tonight my husband called me and the grandbabies to see what crawled into his shop, The Chinese was almost 4" long! Very straight and green, we took it outside and put it in an evergreen, and off it went.

there should be something in the photo section, but I think you're supposed to upload it to Photo bucket then get it's url and stick it here between two image things?