sponges

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Hi. Recently my female mantis laid an ooth on the lid of her cage that I finally was able to remove. During that time I was unable to provide water to her an she look dehydrated. So I took a sponge (new) and made it soaking wet with bottled water and had her face touch it. Instantly she back away then quickly went back bit it and started drinking. She is still drinking now but for further notice, is this a good way to hydrate a mantis?

As long as it is clean, she should be ok, most people spray the container in front of them and they drink from there, u should have another hole in the container for FIRE emergencies though :lol: . I always have a seperate feeding hole so even if I can't open the lid, I can feed and water.

lol, I am gonna get a new container because I have ooths. No urgent need for an access. Besides she doesn't look like she will lay agian for awhile. (if ever, I know she is getting old)

No. Just mist inside the container. Mantids drink drops of water when it rains in the wild.

Latest posts