Starting hatching..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueb4653

Reaction score
The silk worms have started to hatch

silkmoth001.jpg

oo neato, i looked into them once, they seemed ready spendy, where did you get yours?

Mine too, fed a few out last night to the Hymenopus and Deroplatys

They like them! But I wish the adults were bigger. For the price, I might just order a bunch of sphinx pupae and hatch those out for feeders

how long do you let them mate? I have male and female that are already going at it

also anyone want the eggs you are welcome to them...just pay the shipping

I'll take some eggs! :D I let them mate until the male "disengages" and then remove him to let her lay in peace. Otherwise the males bother the heck out of her trying to "get in" while all she's trying to do is lay her eggs.

Remove him if she is disinterested and avoiding connection. If she takes another mating it can only help to fertilize the eggs she has. They only have one load of eggs, so if she is mated and lays eggs she is "done" and you can feed her off to a mantis. I'd say give her a day or 2 to pass whatever eggs she has.

I did these for feeding the mantids fed some of the worms off and let some reach this stage

probably wont do again as they are expensive imo to feed

Latest posts