Substrate you use!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paper towels for ooths and small nymphs. Sphagnum moss for older nymphs and adults.

I might end up sticking with paper towels for all, though. The clean up is much easier.

cheers for all the replies, ive cut some sponge thin and put it at the bottom for now, might go to paper towels next see how it goes.

Papertowels for me! Yeah, they're easy to get and easy to replace. Sphagnum moss is nice looking but it's not as cheap as paper towels.

I use spaghnum moss for nymphs and nothing for adults. I tried the paper towels but the food items get up under it.

Yea, I'm with Rick, paper towels to much work, but the moss is nice, I usually use nothing, but lately...........well I like the smell of the new moss I got and it is very clean looking, The containers I use it in still smell good after a couple of weeks and the other containers don't, so I am starting to lean....way....over to the moss side. Never to old to learn! :lol: That's what I always say!

Although food likes to hide inside paper towels, I find that paper towels make cleaning up easy. Just take the towel out and with it goes the poop and bug parts.

Oh yeah, cleaning up sphagnum moss is not very easy. :huh:

I usually have 1/2 of inch of any dirt for L1s because of the cage setup, and nothing for later instars.

Latest posts