Texas unicorn mantis (Phyllovates chlorophaea) -- locations near Brownsville

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Maxwell

Reaction score
Hello all,

I research the behavioral ecology of praying mantises.  I plan to search for the Texas unicorn mantis (Phyllovates chlorophaea) in southern Texas (Brownsville area) in Oct 2016. If anyone has experience with finding this species there, especially about "hot spots", please let me know.

You can email me at mmaxwell AT nu DOT com

Mike Maxwell

There are a few places along the border where Texas unicorn (P. chlorophaea) exists. Brownsville (Resaca de la Palma state park), Weslaco (Estero Lano state park), and Mission (Bentsen Rio Grande state park). To be able to collect in the state park, contact David Riskind <[SIZE=10pt][email protected]>. Also check any remote gas station at night for adult male Texas unicorn.[/SIZE]

I might be going through the panhandle of Texas is there any unicorn mantids in the panhandle is so we're?

There are a few places along the border where Texas unicorn (P. chlorophaea) exists. Brownsville (Resaca de la Palma state park), Weslaco (Estero Lano state park), and Mission (Bentsen Rio Grande state park). To be able to collect in the state park, contact David Riskind <[SIZE=10pt][email protected]>. Also check any remote gas station at night for adult male Texas unicorn.[/SIZE]

Latest posts